Accountant - The Municipal Group of Companies
The Municipal Group of Companies, based in Bedford Nova Scotia, is a large diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of heavy civil construction, mining services, environmental services and transportation and courier services within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking the qualifications and expertise of an Accountant for our operations based out of Bedford, NS.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in daily maintenance of accounting records (including but not limited to journal entries, reconciliations, petty cash, capital assets, inventory adjustments).
- Prepare monthly / quarterly financial statements and review with Management.
- Perform internal audit procedures
- Maintain year-end working papers and spreadsheets, and assist with preparation for any audits or independent reviews
- Complete monthly reconciliation for all GL Control accounts and Banks.
- Development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
- Provide timely and accurate service to internal clients and stakeholders.
- Sundry duties as required by the Department.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field required.
- Working toward or have a CPA designation.
- Utilizes strong organization skills and is able to lead and work as part of the accounting team, while being able to work under extreme deadlines and pressure.
- Knowledge of the appropriate tools for analyzing, and assessing materials, equipment, supplies, services, displays strong math skills. Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor, high sense of urgency.
- Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills. Strong negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills. Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Jessica Wilson
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Accountant” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.