Accountant - REgroup
REgroup, a division of The Municipal Group of Companies, is an environmental services company that services the HRM. For over 20 years, REgroup has been providing integrated waste collection, management, and recycling services. We are widely recognized for being friendly, efficient, reliable, and on-time, and are proud to offer a full range of equipment to service the needs of our clients. We are currently seeking the qualifications and expertise of an Accountant based out of Lower Sackville, NS.
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of full-cycle accounting and monthly reporting as you will be responsible for the month end processes for a number of companies. You will work closely with the Senior Accountant, Branch Managers, and other accounting team staff. You must be able to prioritize, coordinate, and organize business tasks. You will have a positive, professional approach in planning, scheduling, communicating, and organizing the activities of your position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly journal entries, reconciliations, and financial working papers
- Timely delivery of monthly financial statements & management reports supported by analysis and commentary
- Carry out monthly billing process for multiple companies
- Adhoc reporting and financial analysis
- Provide assistance, when needed, with payables & receipting processes
- Assist with coordination of year end audit preparation and execution
- Assist with annual budget process
- Special project work as required
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in accounting / finance or appropriate work experience in similar role
- Strong knowledge of accounting and controls
- Advanced skill in Excel, working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage several tasks at one time in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package is offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attn: Chelsey Haley
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “REgroup Accountant” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume, quoting the position title.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.