Asphalt Labourer's - NRB Construction
NRB Construction Limited, part of the Municipal Group of Companies, operates a construction branch in Saint John, New Brunswick. NRB Construction Limited is looking for dedicated individuals with willingness to learn new skills and work on various projects around the greater Saint John area for the upcoming construction season. These positions will be based out of Saint John, but may involve travel to other parts of the province as the need arises
Asphalt Labourers are responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a highway and other paving operations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Rake and redistributed asphalt mix as it leaves the screed to prepare area for rolling;
- Spread asphalt using efficient techniques and maintaining a good pace
- Shovel excess asphalt and sweep up debris
- May operate a variety of hand and power tools as well as some equipment
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labour
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Maintain a clean job site, picking up tools and equipment in order to eliminate potential hazards
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Ensure safety of fellow employees
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- 1-2 years’ experience in a construction environment is an asset
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Willingness to work in a team environment; sometime long hours are required
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attn: Chelsey Haley
Please reference “NRB Asphalt Labourer” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume, quoting the position title.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.