Asphalt Plant Electrical Apprentice - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking the qualifications and expertise of Asphalt Plant – Electrical Apprentice based out of Bedford, NS.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with electrical department to perform daily maintenance
- Implement scheduled repairs of asphalt equipment
- Assist with repairs and maintenance of machinery
- Help with tearing down and setting up mobile asphalt equipment
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Ensure safety of fellow employees
- Ability to perform strenuous work in varying weather conditions
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, and Education:
- Must be a Registered Apprentice Electrician
- Must have a mechanical aptitude
- Must have valid driver’s license and own vehicle
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules, and code of conduct
- Knowledge of training practices sufficient to be able to be further trained
- Knowledge in using computers for data entry and retrieval purposes
- Ability to perform a variety of manual tasks, requiring the use of independent judgement and action
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
- Willingness to work long hours and travel with portable equipment
- Working safely is a condition of employment
The Asphalt Plant – Electrical Apprentice role may include physically strenuous activities. The Electrical Apprentice will be lifting, pulling, crouching, bending, and more to equipment and objects. The Electrical Apprentice will require the use of PPE, Hardhat, Steel Toe Boots, and reflective vest to minimize risk on the worksite. They may work in large spaces or in cramped conditions.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attn: Taylor Blake
Please reference “Asphalt Plant Electrical Apprentice” in the subject line.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.