Asphalt Plant Foreman - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking the qualifications and expertise of an Asphalt Plant Foreman based out of Bedford, NS.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day operations of the asphalt plant, including maintenance, and health & safety
- Lead and motivate the asphalt team
- Manage staff scheduling and cost controls
- Work with the project manager to implement schedules
- Coordinate the purchase of materials and supplies
- Communicate regularly with subcontractors and customers
- Manage repairs and maintenance of machinery
- Site Observations – constant and consistent plant monitoring and inspecting while other tasks are being completed
- Daily, Weekly, and Monthly inspection logs
- Other duties as required.
Required Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in heavy construction (related to roads, mining, mills, etc.)
- Must obtain a valid drivers’ license and own vehicle
- Proven leadership abilities
- Mechanical aptitude – basic skills in welding, electrical, and hydraulics
- • Hands on management style
- Asphalt Plant knowledge is considered an asset
- Previous manufacturing production methods where automated controls are used to monitoring temperatures, pressures, and weights, etc., is considered an asset
- Knowledge of safety hazards and necessary safety precautions for self and others; be able to establish a safe work environment
- Knowledge of training practices sufficient to be able to provide training to others
- Knowledge of maintenance practices and procedures sufficient to be able to assist in developing and maintaining programs for preventive maintenance
- Computer skill proficiencies
- Skill in interpreting and applying written guidelines, precedents, and work practices to standardized work situations or specific cases
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Skill in utilizing a wide variety of equipment for which it is intended.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attn: Chelsey Haley
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “Asphalt Plant Foreman” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume, quoting the position title.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.