Asphalt Plant Groundman - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking the qualifications and expertise of an Asphalt Plant Groundman based out of Bedford, NS. This is a full-time seasonal position.
The Asphalt Plant Groundman performs tasks to ensure the plant components are in good working condition and remain in operation. Continuous monitoring of plant equipment and working in constant contact with the plant foreman regarding operation and maintenance of equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs maintenance and service on the asphalt plant when required.
- Maintain oil and fuel levels of the plant.
- Ensure plant is lubed and greased when required.
- Clean and maintain yard.
- Ability to perform strenuous work in varying weather conditions.
- Open communication with Plant Foreman to ensure plant is properly maintained and constantly monitored.
- Any other duties as required
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Minimum one year of experience in asphalt plant production and/or operations.
- Must have a valid driver license and own a vehicle
- Must be willing to travel
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
- The ability to understand and interpret written material, especially technical material, rules, regulations, instructions, and reports; applies what is learned from written material to specific situations.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to respond appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of others; adjusts approaches to suit different people and situations; may deal with people who are difficult, hostile, or distressed.
- Ability to maintain the integrity of the organization; displays high standards of ethical conduct and understands the impact of violating these standards on an organization, self, and others; is trustworthy.
- Knowledge of safety hazards and necessary safety precautions for self and others sufficient to be able to establish a safe work environment.
- Knowledge of training practices sufficient to be able to provide training to others
- Knowledge of maintenance practices and procedures sufficient to be able to assist in developing and maintaining programs for preventive maintenance.
- Skill in interpreting and applying written guidelines, precedents, and work practices to standardized work situations or specific cases.
- Skill in recognizing non-standardized situations and preparing recommendations for problem resolution.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees. Skill in utilizing a wide variety of equipment for which it is intended
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Taylor Blake
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “Asphalt Plant Groundman” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.