Asphalt Plant Manager - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking the qualifications and expertise of an Asphalt Plant Manager based out of Bedford, NS.
The Asphalt Plant Manager supports multiple asphalt plant operations across Atlantic Canada. Under the general supervision of the Director or Manufacturing, the Asphalt Plant Manager is directly responsible for overseeing the portable asphalt plants operations and for ensuring that the production of asphalt consistently meets the quality and quantity specifications of our projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing portable asphalt plant operations
- Responsible for the overall effectiveness of the Plant Team, providing them with clear direction and valuable feedback that improves their productivity
- Monitors the overall progress of project and takes corrective action where necessary
- Executing work, meeting productions
- Working and communicating with General Superintendents and Project Managers/Coordinators relative to progress and site issues
- Other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a supervisory position within the construction industry
- Mechanical Engineer or relevant experience is considered an asset
- Exceptional ability to multitask in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Able to deal with people tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- High level of sound and independent judgement and reasoning
- Willing to work out of town and province in remote locations, as required across Atlantic Canada and Quebec
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package is offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attn: Ryan Kidney
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “Asphalt Plant Manager” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume, quoting the position title.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.