Asphalt Terminal Labourer - General Liquids Canada
General Liquids Canada, part of the Municipal Group of Companies, operates a state of art Liquid Asphalt Emulsion Plant, Liquid Asphalt Terminal and Performance Laboratory for the Municipal Group of Companies. General Liquids Canada is looking for a dedicated individual to join the team as an Asphalt Terminal Labourer based out of our facility in Waverly, NS. This is a full-time seasonal position.
General Liquids Canada Ltd operates an advanced Asphalt Terminal Facility that supplies an array of asphalt products widely used in the road construction industry. The labourer will be responsible for assisting in the operation of the terminal. This can include the production of modified products and performance of regular preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance of the terminal. The process involves working with terminal controls, pumps, motors, and gauges typical of a terminal facility. The position will also require knowledge of rail unloading procedures and assisting in truck loading.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Smooth and optimum operation of the terminal with strong trouble shooting skills ensuring compliance with safety standards of the company.
- Understand the processes and concepts behind asphalt handling.
- Perform all the task related to start up and shutdown of the terminal systems and equipment.
- Ensure the terminal runs at an optimal level in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure the smooth handling of inbound and outbound trucks, rail cars and contractors.
- Inventory management and control, material receiving and loading & unloading of finished and unfinished product.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment log, operation log and willing to work on terminal documentation like operating procedures, safety procedures, process description, etc. As defined within the ISO 9001/14001 management system framework.
- Perform routine maintenance of the terminal and be able to initiate predictive and corrective maintenance practices.
- Be able to handle hazardous material in a safe manner according to company regulation and policies.
- Operate mobile equipment such as forklifts, skid steers, scissor lifts, etc. and maintain superior housekeeping standards.
- Any other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Experience in a similar position would be considered an asset
- Availability and willing to work extended hours and shift work
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure;
- Strong multi-tasking, organization, and planning skills;
- Maintain a clean working environment;
- Possess ability to lift 30-50lbs on a daily basis;
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Reliable Transportation to and from work is required.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Taylor Blake
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Asphalt Terminal Labourer” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.