Asphalt Terminal Operations Technician - General Liquids Canada
General Liquids Canada, part of the Municipal Group of Companies, operates a state of art liquid asphalt terminal, emulsion plant and performance laboratory. We are looking for a dedicated individual to join the team as an Operations Technician based out of our facility in Waverley, NS.
The Employee will be responsible for assisting in the overall operation of the terminal. This may include the production of modified products along with regular and preventive maintenance and labour. The process involves working with terminal controls, pumps, motors, boilers, steam generators and gauges typical of a terminal facility. The position will also require unloading liquid railcars and using an automated load out system for loading trucks. This is a seasonal position with full-time hours.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Smooth and optimum operation of the terminal with strong trouble shooting skills.
- Understand the processes and concepts behind liquid asphalt handling.
- Perform tasks related to start up and shutdown of the terminal systems and equipment.
- Ensure standard operating procedures are followed while upholding safety.
- Ensure the smooth handling of inbound and outbound trucks and railcars.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment and operation logs.
- Be able to handle hazardous material in a safe manner according to company regulation and policies.
- Operate mobile equipment such as forklifts, skid steers, scissor lifts.
- Maintain superior housekeeping standards.
- Other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work as part of a small team.
- Experience in a similar position would be considered an asset.
- Willing to work shift work.
- Maintain a clean working environment.
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Reliable transportation to and from work is required.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement, training, and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Jessica Wilson
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “Asphalt Terminal Labourer” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.