Blasting Labourer - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction Company is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently looking for Blasting Labourer to join our Bedford Operations. This position will be based out of Bedford NS but may involve travel to other parts of the province as the need arises.
The Blasting Labourer is responsible for performing a variety of medium heavy (up to 55lbs) manual labourer duties to assist the Blaster in the separation or fracture of structures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load, unload and move construction materials around the worksite
- Assist the Blaster to lay out drill pattern according to specifications of blast holes
- Remove rubble and other debris at the worksite
- Assist the Blaster to assemble primer charges using selected detonators, fuses, detonating cords and other materials
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labour
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and take actions required to satisfy such responsibilities
- Ensure safety of fellow employees
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Ability to follow a firm work schedule as directed by the supervisor
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct
- Ability to perform a variety of manual tasks requiring the use of independent judgement and action
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
The Blasting Labourer performs highly dangerous tasks which can include handling, assembling, inserting, and packing explosives. This position will be lifting, pulling, and managing medium heavy (up to 55lbs) equipment and objects, requiring the use of PPE, Hardhat, and Steel Toe Boots to minimize the risk on the worksite.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package is offered with this position, along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
How to Apply:
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attn: Chelsey Haley
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Blasting Labourer” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.