Bridge Structure/Civil Superintendent
Dexter Construction Company is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently accepting applications for a Bridge /Structures Superintendent based out of the Bedford, NS office to work on projects throughout Atlantic Canada.
The Superintendent coordinates all activities for the site and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. The Superintendent is responsible for maintaining the highest quality of work, supervising all trade and field personnel, and administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure a safe work environment for themselves and fellow employees; in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task;
- Ensure that the field operations are well organized, and efficient in the respective operation;
- Participate in establishing goals and objectives for the field operations of the company
- Ensure the planning process is followed including meeting the Critical Path schedule as developed by the Project Management team;
- Ensure that construction budget targets are met or exceeded, through on-site supervision and helping to establish action plans to beat the budget.
- Trouble shoots difficult construction problems;
- Provide on-going support to personnel to help identify and remove obstacles that impact construction progress, and to identify and implement profit improvement strategies to the job, as needed
- Requisition materials and furnish information for proper costing of invoices
- Review project job cost reports regularly, and ensure project profitability.
- Any other duties as needed.
Required Knowledge, Education, and Experience:
- Five (5) years plus related experience in a multi discipline construction environment
- Civil Engineering background (i.e. CET) or equivalent experience.
- Strong computer skills in such areas as Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service/client relation skills.
- Flexible to travel to various company construction projects across Atlantic Canada.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Ryan Kidney
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference "Bridge Structure/Civil Superintendent" in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.