Buyer - Municipal Group of Companies
The Municipal Group of Companies, based in Bedford Nova Scotia, is a large, diversified organization engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction, mining, and environmental services within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking the expertise of a Buyer to join our team from our office based in Bedford, NS.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiate best pricing, terms, and lead times
- Troubleshoot invoice and receiving issues
- Building relationships with suppliers and internal customers
- Participating in continuous improvement initiatives
- Other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree in business or administration
- Knowledge of purchasing terminology and procedures
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and financial management
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Strong sense of urgency
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suites and SAP.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume to:
Attn: Chelsey Haley
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Buyer” in the subject line.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.