Civil Foreman - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking Civil Foreman for our 104 Highway Twinning project between Sutherlands River and Antigonish, Nova Scotia.
The Civil Foreman is responsible for the supervision of all activities that take place on the work site, ensuring efficient use of labour, machines, and materials by their crews, and will report on such things as personnel, cost, and safety. This position will be responsible for the manager of all on-site workers and enforcement of all required safety and work regulation policies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the effective and efficient use of personnel, materials, equipment, facilities, and time
- Managing all project labour administration activities including payroll, timekeeping, labour coding, equipment coding, and safety reporting
- Assisting in the resolution of change requests, material defects and equipment problems
- Ensuring a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Protecting and promoting the interest of the company in all matters
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience in civil road construction preferred
- Valid drivers license in good standing
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules, and code of conduct
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- High level of sound and independent judgement and reasoning
- Able to deal with people tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume to:
Attn: Ryan Kidney
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “104 Civil Foreman” in the subject line.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.