Class 1 Driver - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction, part of the Municipal Group of Companies, is responsible for operating and managing the only permitted non-recyclable waste processing and landfill site within the Halifax Regional Municipality: the Otter Lake Waste Management Facility. We are currently seeking the qualifications and expertise of Class 1 Driver based out of our Halifax location.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate a Class 1 vehicle in a safe and efficient manner
- Advise Supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Perform Daily Pre-Trip and Post Trip Inspections
- Safely drive materials from one location to the next.
- Load materials at site with a loader.
- Maintain a clean interior of truck.
- Adhere to Company Policies & Procedures and take necessary training courses.
- Operate other equipment as needed such as Loader’s and Skid Steers
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Valid Class 1 driver’s license in good standing;
- Ability to follow a firm work schedule as directed by supervisor;
- Willingness to work in a team environment;
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner;
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures;
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly;
- Proven ability to multi-task & ability to prioritize tasks.
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Chelsey Haley
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “Class 1 Driver - Mirror” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.