Class 1 Driver - MBW Courier
MBW Courier Inc, Part of the Municipal Group of Companies has become a leader in the transportation industry by providing unmatched quality service to our customers and employing quality employees. Our services include Courier Services, Light LTL, and Third-Party Logistics to the province of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland.
MBW Courier Inc is currently seeking a Full Time Class 1 Driver to operate a 36’ Tractor Trailer which based out of Truro, NS location.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leave MBW Truro at 4am, doing deliveries and pickups in Port Hawkesbury and Mulgrave areas, returning to Truro approximately 1:00pm – Monday to Friday.
- Perform Daily Pre-Trip and Post Trip Inspections on Tractor & Trailer, completing Hours of Service correctly. Maintain a clean interior of truck.
- Adhere to Company Policies & Procedures and take necessary training courses.
- Scan freight while doing pickups and deliveries.
- Provide efficient, reliable, professional service to customers.
- This is NOT a Pin to Pin run, you will be in and out of truck making deliveries & doing pickups.
- Performing all customer tasks in a polite, resourceful, and professional manner with professionalism and overall excellent customer service throughout the process.
- Any other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Self Starter with ability to make smart decisions;
- Strong work ethic;
- Positive and Enthusiastic Team Work attitude;
- Commitment to Safety;
- Excellent Customer Service skills;
- Minimum High School Diploma;
- Knowledge of Courier a plus but not a requirement;
- Valid Class 1 Nova Scotia Driver’s License;
- 2 -3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Cleaning Driving Record and Criminal Record Check;
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Class 1 Driver Truro” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.