Class 1 Driver - MBW Courier
MBW Courier Inc. (“MBW”), is a Nova Scotia-based company, servicing businesses across Atlantic Canada, offering same day delivery service, direct to consumer delivery, next day delivery service, dedicated service on demand and logistics through its eight strategically located terminals. MBW is part of the Municipal Group of Companies, which is a diversified organization engaged in all major aspects of heavy civil construction, mining, environmental and transportation services within the Atlantic Provinces.We are currently looking for a Class 1 Driver based out of Moncton, NB.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loading, transporting, and offloading of freight.
- Report any incidents encountered on the road.
- Follow all applicable traffic laws.
- Inspect trailer before and after the trip, and record any defects found.
- Keep a log of all activities.
- Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Keep their truck and associated equipment clean and in good working order.
- Load & unload deliveries through a variety of mechanisms & delivery assistance devices.
- Use technology to map routes, deliver/pickup/track shipments & communicate universally.
- Ensure documents are delivered, entered accurately and turned in accordingly.
- Performing all customer tasks in a polite, resourceful and professional manner with professionalism and overall excellent customer service throughout the process.
- Any other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Proven work experience as a truck driver.
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations.
- No recent moving or driving violations.
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc).
- Valid Class 1 Driver's License
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Class 1 Driver Moncton” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume along with a copy of your Driver’s Abstract.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.