Class 1 Line Haul Driver - MBW Courier
MBW Courier Inc, Part of the Municipal Group of Companies has become a leader in the transportation industry by providing unmatched quality service to our customers and employing quality employees. Our services include Courier Services, Light LTL, and Third-Party Logistics to the province of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland.
MBW Courier Inc is currently seeking a Class 1 Driver to operate a 53’ Tractor Trailer which based out of Truro, NS location. Hours would be 4AM to 9AM (approximately) from Monday to Friday.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leave MBW Truro at 4 – 4:30am with tractor & 53’ trailer, go to Antigonish. Assist unloading freight onto the 3 Antigonish based driver’s trucks. Then deliver larger items in Antigonish area to select customers.
- Perform Daily Pre-Trip and Post Trip Inspections on Tractor & Trailer, completing Hours of Service correctly. Maintain a clean interior of truck.
- Adhere to Company Policies & Procedures and take necessary training courses.
- Complete waybills while doing pickups and deliveries that provide Proof of Delivery.
- Performing all customer tasks in a polite, resourceful, and professional manner with professionalism and overall excellent customer service throughout the process.
- Any other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Self Starter with ability to make smart decisions;
- Strong work ethic;
- Positive and Enthusiastic Team Work attitude;
- Commitment to Safety;
- Excellent Customer Service skills;
- Minimum High School Diploma;
- Knowledge of Courier a plus but not a requirement;
- Valid Class 1 Nova Scotia Driver’s License;
- 2 -3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Cleaning Driving Record and Criminal Record Check;
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “Class 1 Driver Truro” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.