Class 1 Truck Driver - Costin Paving and Contracting
Costin Paving and Contracting, part of the Municipal Group of Companies offers a variety of construction services such as paving and aggregates within northern Nova Scotia. We are currently looking for Class 1 Truck Drivers to join our operations out of Amherst, NS.
Class 1 Truck Drivers are responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a Tractor Trailer to transport materials as per schedule. This position is also responsible for inspecting, cleaning, and maintaining the equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive tractor-trailer combination in a safe and efficient manner to designated locations
- Secure chain or binders to secure load on trailer during transit
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment under varying traffic and road conditions
- Advise the Foreman of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Report any driving infractions and/or suspensions
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Valid commercial driver’s license with clear driver abstract
- 2 years similar experience in a construction environment
- Valid Class 1 driver’s license in good standing
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
The commercial truck driver has a physically strenuous and demanding job. This position will be lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects, requiring the use of PPE, Hardhat, Steel Toe Boots, and reflective vest to minimize risk on the worksite.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume to:
Attn: Chelsey Haley
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “Costin – Class 1 Driver” in the subject line.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.