Class 1 Truck Driver - NRB Construction
NRB Construction Limited, part of the Municipal Group of Companies, operates a construction branch in Saint John, New Brunswick. NRB Construction Limited is looking for dedicated individuals with willingness to learn new skills and work on various projects around the greater Saint John area for the upcoming construction season. These positions will be based out of Saint John, but may involve travel to other parts of the province as the need arises.
Class 1 Drivers are responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a Tractor Trailer to transport materials as per schedule. This position is also responsible for inspecting, cleaning, and maintaining the equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive tractor-trailer combination in a safe and efficient manner to designated locations
- Secure chain or binders to secure load on trailer during transit
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment under varying traffic and road conditions
- Advise the Foreman of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Report any driving infractions and/or suspensions
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Valid commercial driver’s license with clear driver abstract
- 2 years similar experience in a construction environment
- Valid Class 1 driver’s license in good standing
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume, quoting the position title.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.