Class 3 Asphalt Service Truck Driver - NRB Construction
NRB Construction Limited, part of the Municipal Group of Companies, operates a construction branch in Saint John, New Brunswick. NRB Construction Limited is looking for dedicated individuals with willingness to learn new skills and work on various projects around the greater Saint John area for the upcoming construction season. These positions will be based out of Saint John, but may involve travel to other parts of the province as the need arises.
Under the direction of the Foreman, the Class 3 Asphalt Service Truck Driver is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a truck to supply water, fuel, small tools, etc. for the everyday use of the paving crew. This position is also responsible for inspecting, cleaning, and maintaining the vehicle.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate materials depending on necessary requirements
- Transport materials and tools safely and timely to designated locations
- Advise the Foreman of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Report any driving infractions and/or suspensions
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities
- Ensure safety of fellow employees
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Previous experience in construction environment preferred
- Valid Class 3 license required
- Ability to follow a firm work schedule as directed by supervisor
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attn: Chelsey Haley
Please reference “NRB Class 3 Service Truck Driver” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume, quoting the position title.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.