Class 3 Truck Drivers - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction Company is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently looking for Class 3 Truck Drivers to join our operations out of Bedford, NS for the 2021 season. These positions will be based out of HRM, but may involve travel to other parts of the province as the need arises
Class 3 Truck Drivers are responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a tandem dump truck. to transport materials as per schedule. This position is also responsible for inspecting, cleaning, and maintaining the equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive commercial vehicle in a safe and efficient manner to designated locations
- Check in with Dispatcher to determine what time to leave and return;
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment under varying traffic and road conditions;
- Report any driving infractions and/or suspensions
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- 2 years similar experience in a construction environment
- Valid Class 3 driver’s license in good standing
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
The commercial truck driver has a physically strenuous and demanding job. This position will be lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects, requiring the use of PPE, Hardhat, Steel Toe Boots, and reflective vest to minimize risk on the worksite.
How to Apply:
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Class 3 Truck Drivers - Bedford” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.