Class 3 Truck Drivers - REgroup
REgroup, a division of The Municipal Group of Companies, is one of the area’s largest Environmental Services providers. For over 20 years, REgroup has been serving HRM and surrounding areas with integrated waste collection, management, and recycling services. We are currently seeking Class 3 Truck Drivers to be a part of our team, based out of Lower Sackville, NS.
- Day shifts, Monday to Friday (with early morning start time)
- Occasional variation from schedule may be required to meet contractual obligation and holiday schedules
- Competitive compensation, benefits package available after three months continuous employment
- The chance to work with a stable, and growing company with numerous divisions across Eastern Canada.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive and load truck in a safe and efficient manner on assigned routes according to contractual requirements
- Ensure routes are completed in a timely and safe manner
- Responsible for daily pre and post trip inspections of truck
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment under varying traffic and road conditions
- Maintain radio contact with team and supervisor to receive instructions and report any issues on route or with vehicle.
- Immediately report any driving infractions and/or suspensions
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities
- Ensure safety of fellow employees
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Valid commercial driver’s license with acceptable driver abstract
- Minimum Class 3 License
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous waste and or recycling experience considered an asset but not necessary
What We Offer:
- Above average competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefits and pension plan
- Employee Referral Program
- PPE provided and Safety Incentives
- Company provided training and development
- Opportunities for growth in other areas of the company
- Corporate discounts
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Plus many other incentives
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Chelsey Haley
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “REgroup Class 3 Driver” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.