Class 3/Loader Operator - Mirror
Mirror NS, part of the Municipal Group of Companies, is responsible for operating and managing the only permitted non-recyclable waste processing and landfill site within the Halifax Regional Municipality: the Otter Lake Waste Management Facility. We are currently seeking the qualifications and expertise of Class 3/Loader Operator based out of our Halifax location.
The Class 3/Loader Operator is responsible for operating commercial vehicles and heavy equipment to lift and move bulk materials at the worksite and transport materials as per schedule. This position is also responsible for inspecting, cleaning, and maintaining the equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of equipment
- Transport material and load trucks in an efficient manner
- Ensure that quality of work meets OH&S requirements
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks
- Maintain vehicle in good condition
- Advise the Foreman of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Be aware of surrounding at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities
- Ensure safety of fellow employees
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Valid commercial driver’s license with clear driver abstract
- Previous operation of a Loader would be considered asset
- 2-5 years similar experience
- Valid Class 3 driver’s license in good standing
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Chelsey Haley
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Class 3/Loader Operator” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.