Concrete Foreman - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction Company is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently looking for a Concrete Foreman in St. John’s, NLFD.
The Concrete Foremen is responsible for the supervision of all concrete activities that take place on the work site, ensuring efficient use of labour, machines, and materials by their crews, and will report on such things as personnel, costs and safety. The Concrete Foremen will be responsible for the management of a work crew(s) and enforcement of all required safety and work regulation policies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage production team, providing regular and consistent feedback;
- Ensure that assigned areas of responsibility are performed within budget and schedule;
- Ensure effective and efficient use of personnel, materials, equipment, facilities, and time;
- Identify training gaps and ensure training is provided to team before tasks are delegated;
- Monitor equipment for maintenance requirements and ensure operators perform daily checks;
- Assist in the resolution of change requests, material defects and equipment problems;
- Manage all project labour administration activities including; payroll, timekeeping, labour coding, equipment coding, safety reporting, and quantities for costing and billing requirements;
- Ensure all work is completed to high quality standards, confirming to owner and Dexter quality control requirements;
- Be aware of surroundings at all times;
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task;
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters;
- Ensure safety of fellow employees;
- Assess staffing needs/ requirements;
- Assess and develop employees.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- 5 years experience working with concrete or equivalent construction experience;
- High attention to detail in completing work tasks;
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct;
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills;
- Ability to read plans and understand basic contractual requirements;
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning;
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures;
- Able to deal with people tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times;
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing;
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
The Concrete Foreman role may include physically demanding activities. The Concrete Foreman will be lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects. Concrete Foremen will require the use of PPE, Hardhat, Steel Toe Boots, and reflective vest to minimize risk on the worksite.
How to Apply:
Dexter Construction offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume to:
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.