Concrete Labourers - Clayco Construction
Clayco Construction Limited, part of the Municipal Group of Companies, operates a construction branch in New Brunswick. Clayco Construction Limited is looking for dedicated individuals with willingness to learn new skills and work on bridge projects primarily around Saint John area for the upcoming construction season.
Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Concrete Labourers are responsible for performing a variety of manual labour duties to assist with the completion of concrete restoration projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Concrete demolition using handheld chippers and jack hammers.
- Cleaning repairs areas using water blasting or sand blasting.
- Installation and removal of formwork
- Mixing/placing and finishing concrete
- Installation of waterproofing systems
- May include operating equipment such as man lifts and skid steers.
- Load, unload and move construction materials/ debris around the worksite.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Ability to perform a variety of manual tasks.
- Experience in concrete demolition, restoration and/or finishing is considered an asset
- Willingness to work in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Valid driver’s license considered and asset.
- Occasional travel throughout the Maritimes
- Ability to work weekends and evenings when required.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume, quoting the position title.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.