Construction Labourer - Costin Paving & Contracting
Costin Paving and Contracting, part of the Municipal Group of Companies offers a variety of construction services such as paving and aggregates within northern Nova Scotia. We are currently looking for Construction Labourers to join our operations out of Amherst, NS.
Under the direction of the Foreman, the Construction Labourer is responsible for performing a variety of heavy manual labour duties to assist the construction team on the worksite.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load, unload and move construction materials around the worksite
- May be responsible for digging, spreading, and levelling of dirt and gravel
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites
- Clean tools, equipment, materials, and work areas
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labour
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Ensure safety of fellow employees
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Ability to follow a firm work schedule as directed by supervisor
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct
- Ability to perform a variety of manual tasks requiring the use of independent judgment and action
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
The Construction Labourer has a physically strenuous and demanding job. The Labourer will be lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects, requiring the use of PPE, Hardhat, Steel Toe Boots, and reflective vest to minimize risk on the worksite. The worksite environment for this position is outside in varying weather conditions.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume to:
Attn: Chelsey Haley
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Costin Labourers” in the subject line.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.