Construction Quality Manager - Dexter Nova Alliance Design Build
Position Title: Construction Quality Manager
Work Location: New Glasgow, Nova Scotia
Reports To: Quality Director
Dexter Nova Alliance (DNA) has been awarded the contract for the design and construction associated with the twinning of Highway 104 to improve the corridor that extends across Eastern Nova Scotia from Sutherlands River to Antigonish.
- DNA is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Project team in the role of Construction Quality Manager reporting directly to the Quality Director. Duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Responsible for the implementation of the Project Construction Quality Management Plan (CQMP) and monitoring of it for compliance
- Develop, review and approve documentation and maintain records as required
- Read and interpret contract design drawings, specifications, and implement project quality procedures
- Working with the Construction Quality Control Manager, schedule and supervise internal and external quality control personnel and testing that are assigned to various QC aspects of the project.
- Reviews test results for conformance to the project documents
- Ensure all Inspection Testing Plans (ITP) are completed as required
- Assist the Quality Manager with proactive and timely administration of the Non-Conformance Reporting process
- Generate comprehensive Quality Management System Reports as required by the project specifications and the Construction Manager.
- Take a lead role in assisting the Quality Director throughout the NCR process (Root Cause Analysis, Determination of Disposition, and the implementation of processes to avoid similar Non-conformances).
- Be responsible to derive and maintain an audit schedule in line with project and ISO standards.
- Complete ISO audits of internal or external systems and processes related to the project.
- Promote continuous improvement within the Quality Management System to ensure that the organization maintains its ISO 9001:2015 certification for the duration of the project.
- Any other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Relevant post-secondary education or a combination of education and experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a construction professional involved in all elements of highway and bridges construction
- Certified in ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Course.
- Proven experience and/or expertise in carrying out ISO 9001 audits
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail in completing work tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work in a team environment
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for training and development.
How to Apply:
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume. Applicant review will begin immediately and will be ongoing until a successful candidate is selected.
Qualified individuals for this position should forward a resume, quoting, “Construction Quality Manager” in the subject line to:
Attn: Jessica Wilson
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.