Content Marketing Assistant - Municipal Group of Companies
The Municipal Group of Companies is a large, diversified organization engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction, mining, and environmental services within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking the expertise of a Content Marketing Assistant to join our team from our head office based in Bedford, NS.
In the Municipal Group of Companies, many divisions and departments require visual media creation, maintenance, or distribution for a wide range of projects. These media projects could include worksite documentation, supporting content for Request for Proposals, online courseware development, print & online marketing material, social media, etc.
The Content Marketing Assistant role will directly report to the Media Content Manager and work in collaboration with the Marketing Manager to support the maintenance of the internal visual media asset library, assist with the distribution of our visual media, print production, and support the company's growing social media platforms and social media strategic goals. Currently, the two primary groups that this role will be working with are the Training & Development group and the Marketing Department.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configure and maintain the visual media asset library system and media archive
- Assist with the distribution of visual media for internal or external media requests
- Programming of social media publications on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Management of comments and co-writing of captions on Facebook, Instagram, Google, etc.
- Collaborate with photographers, graphic designers, instructional designers, and various managers within the organization, as well as external vendors
- Assist with the development of graphic media for the training, marketing and other various divisions
- Facilitate print production and distribution
- Assistance with tracking and reporting of website and social traffic
- Editing and proofreading in accordance with brand standards (graphics, copy/content, tone, etc.) to enhance quality assurance and consistency
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- 1-2 years of previous experience within the Visual Arts, Communications, Advertising, or related field
- Working knowledge or willingness to learn Digital Asset Management / Media Library principles and software
- Working knowledge or willingness to learn the principles and concepts of social media platforms and the integration within company policies or marketing strategies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Working knowledge or willingness to learn Adobe graphic and layout design software
- A self-starter that can work independently and prioritize daily tasks
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills to support media creation and distribution to various departments and divisions within the company
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
A comprehensive pension and benefits package is offered with this position, along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attn: Taylor Blake
Please reference “Content Marketing Assistant” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume, quoting the position title.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.