Municipal Enterprises Limited (MEL) is firmly embedded in the mining and construction industry of Labrador and Eastern Canada and as an organization has been operating in the region for well over 50 years. Inuit-owned Silak Solutions has partnered with MEL to form Silak-Municipal GP Limited and together we are excited to begin our first project together at Vale’s Voisey’s Bay mine. Working alongside seasoned industry professionals with cutting edge equipment and technology; we offer a stimulating work environment with a well-established team where you can consistently exceed your limits.
Vale launched the Voisey’s Bay Mine Expansion (VBME) project to execute the transition from open pit to underground mining. Silak-Municipal GP Limited has been awarded a project to complete numerous requirements to prepare the site for this transition. Our work will entail a variety of civil construction fields including concrete, precast foundations and earthworks.
Working under the direction of the Project Manager, the Contract Administrator will work with the entire project team to ensure compliance with the contract terms and conditions, track progress and support the Project Engineer, Project Coordinators and QA/QC Coordination’s regarding contract compliance and progress.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for keeping contract documents up to date
- File correspondence regarding contract and billing issues
- Coordinate with the project team to prepare contract billings.
- Ensure that Company labour and equipment charges, supplier invoices and other charges are costed correctly against the contract and in the Company’s books in accordance with requirements of the Company and the contract.
- Familiar with the all parts of the contract and a contact for the project team for questions
- Tracking the progress of contract milestones is in keeping with the requirements of the contract,
- Ensure that documents such as field work instructions, purchase orders and contracts are updated or replaced as revisions or new issues occur.
- Prepare change order documentation and track all contract change orders, field work instructions and purchase orders
- Provide support to other Administrative staff
Health, Safety and Environment Responsibilities:
- Be aware of surroundings always;
- Ensure safety of fellow employees.
- Adhere to local and externally relevant health and safety laws and policies.
- Adhere to company HSE system.
- Ensure appropriate priority given to HSE issues.
- Lead by example. Wear PPE & seatbelts, observe road rules, do Take 5’s, etc.
- Participate in investigation of incidents as appropriate.
- Assist with safety meetings.
- Align workforce with TRIFR Target
- Ensure the safety of fellow workers
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Minimum three years of contract administration and contract billing experience preferred; within the construction industry is considered an asset
- Strong skills in MS Office (Excel and Word)
- Knowledge of general construction technologies and terminologies
- Heightened understanding and application of accounting principles would be considered an asset
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
Contractor Administrator will be required to work in an office in a remote work site. It may require multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. Contract Administrator is required to work on site and in field office setting. The use of minimum PPE (Safety Glasses, Hardhat, Steel Toe Boots, and reflective vest) to minimize risk with field environments.
How to Apply:
Silak-Municpal GP Limited recognizes the Impacts and Benefits Agreements with the Innu Nation and the Nunatsiavut Government in which Innu and Inuit workers have first preference for employment at the Voisey’s Bay Mine Site. It also recognizes a commitment to give qualified workers from Labrador priority for employment opportunities. Innu Nation members and Nunatsiavut beneficiaries candidates can also apply through Vale’s Aboriginal Employment Coordinators.
When sending applications directly to Silak-Municpal GP Limited please submit a detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Quote the position title in the subject line of your email to ensure your application is sorted correctly and please ensure you include your full name, address, community and province when applying.
Deadline to Apply January 24 2022