The Municipal Group of Companies, based in Bedford Nova Scotia, is a large, diversified organization engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction, mining, and environmental services within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking a determined, skilled individual with a proven track record with the expertise of a Contract Manager with a speciality in IT to join our team from our office in Bedford, NS.
The Contract Manager is responsible for developing and executing our sourcing strategy for all IT hardware and software ensuring alignment with corporate objectives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and managing performance measures
- Lead all sourcing events and negotiations, including but not limited to the preparation and issuing of RFP’s, RFQ’s and RFI’s
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions
- Recommending contract awards
- Work in collaboration with business stakeholders, including but not limited to the legal and finance team
- Other duties as requires
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Post-Secondary degree in a related field
- SCMP Designation is considered an asset
- Five or more years’ experience in procurement with a focus in the IT space would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of purchasing, contract techniques and procedures
- Strong knowledge of internal controls, and financial management
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with all employees, management, and outside contacts
- Strong relationship building
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Detail orientated
- Energetic with a positive attitude
What we offer:
- Above average competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefits and pension plan
- Company provided training and development
- Opportunities for growth in all areas of the company
- Corporate discounts
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Taylor Blake
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “Contract Manager” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.