Controller — Environmental Services Group
The Municipal Group of Companies is a large, diversified organization engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction, environmental services, and mining services within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking a Controller for our New Brunswick Environmental Services Group that will be based out of Moncton, New Brunswick.
Reporting to the Environmental Services Group Regional Controller, this role will encompass a full range of finance and accounting responsibilities as well involvement with operations. You will ensure compliance with all local accounting standards through the maintenance and implementation of controls and procedures. Working collaboratively with Management teams, you will help drive the growth and success of the companies through the provision of analysis and commentary on business performance, as well as undertaking any necessary business case analyses to deliver value across the organization.
• Responsible for all overseeing day to day financial issues, including providing guidance and direction to the finance team;
• Developing the finance team and a robust process to ensure timely financial statements, budgets and forecasts, supported by commentary and analysis as appropriate;
• Partnering with Management on financial and related analytical support by providing meaningful analysis, insights, training and recommendations on results with the goal to improve margin profitability;
• Working with Management to develop strategic plans for new and existing business including acquisitions and other market develop initiatives;
• Developing key performance metrics and goals to measure progress of all companies and working with Management to meet and exceed them;
• Coach, develop and empower members within finance team;
• Create opportunities for skill development and career progression to develop talent and
• Proactively manage the internal control environment ensuring that processes are robust and efficient.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience preferably with a CPA designation;
• Dynamic individual that is a highly effective communicator who engages colleagues and employees;
• Robust organizational skills with the ability to work in a demanding environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities;
• Superior analytical and problem-solving skills; and
• Proven record on managing and developing individuals.
The ideal candidate will be a goal oriented and dynamic leader. They will be a designated CPA with strong experience working within the GAAP accounting standards. They will also be able to work collaboratively with management on strategic plans while also providing effective communications and direction to the finance and operational departments. We provide a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits plan.
How to Apply:
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume along to:
We would like to thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.