Courier Driver - MBW Courier
MBW Courier Inc, Part of the Municipal Group of Companies has become a leader in the transportation industry by providing unmatched quality service to our customers and employing quality employees. Our services include Courier Services, Light LTL, and Third-Party Logistics to the province of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland. We are currently looking for a Courier Driver to join our team based out of Truro, NS.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive a Courier truck.
- Pick up & deliver varieties of items to various locations.
- Physical labor/handling of shipments weighing upwards of 50-75 lbs.
- Load & unload deliveries through a variety of mechanisms & delivery assistance devices.
- Use technology to map routes, deliver/pickup/track shipments & communicate universally.
- Ensure documents are delivered and entered accurately.
- Maintain route supply inventory to ensure prompt delivery to customers.
- Maintain an accurate variety of daily paperwork and turn in accordingly.
- Performing all customer tasks in a polite, resourceful, and professional manner with professionalism and overall excellent customer service throughout the process.
- Any other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Self-Starter with ability to make smart decisions
- Strong Work Ethic
- Positive and Enthusiastic Teamwork attitude
- Commitment to Safety
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Knowledge of Courier considered an asset.
- Class 5 Valid Driver’s License required
- Clean driving record
- Clean Criminal Record Check
- Ability to multitask and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work.
- Reliable and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Must have good listening and verbal communication skills.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.