Courier Driver - MBW Courier
MBW Courier Inc, Part of the Municipal Group of Companies has become a leader in the transportation industry by providing unmatched quality service to our customers and employing quality employees. Our services include Courier Services, Light LTL, and Third-Party Logistics to the province of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland. We are currently looking for a part-time Class 5 Courier Driver to join our team based out of New Glasgow, NS. This is an on-call position with no set schedule but a guarantee of 20 hours a week.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pick up & deliver varieties of items to various locations.
- Physical labour/handling of shipments weighing upwards of 50-75 lbs.
- Load & unload deliveries through a variety of mechanisms & delivery assistance devices.
- Use technology to map routes, deliver/pickup/track shipments & communicate universally.
- Ensure documents are delivered and entered accurately.
- Maintain route supply inventory to ensure prompt delivery to customers.
- Maintain an accurate variety of daily paperwork and turn in accordingly.
- Performing all customer tasks in a polite, resourceful and professional manner with professionalism and overall excellent customer service throughout the process.
- Any other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Self Starter with ability to make smart decisions
- Strong Work Ethic
- Positive and Enthusiastic Team Work attitude
- Commitment to Safety
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Knowledge of Courier considered an asset.
- Class 5 Valid Driver’s License required
- Clean driving record
- Clean Criminal Record Check
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Courier Driver New Glasgow” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume along with a copy of their Driver's Abstract.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.