Courier Driver - MBW Courier
MBW Courier Inc. (“MBW”), is a Nova Scotia-based company, servicing businesses across Atlantic Canada, offering same day delivery service, direct to consumer delivery, next day delivery service, dedicated service on demand and logistics through its eight strategically located terminals. MBW is part of the Municipal Group of Companies, which is a diversified organization engaged in all major aspects of heavy civil construction, mining, environmental and transportation services within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently looking for a Courier Driver to join our team based out of Middleton, NS.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive a Courier truck.
- Pick up & deliver varieties of items to various locations.
- Physical labor/handling of shipments weighing upwards of 50-75 lbs.
- Load & unload deliveries through a variety of mechanisms & delivery assistance devices.
- Use technology to map routes, deliver/pickup/track shipments & communicate universally.
- Scan freight while doing pickups and deliveries.
- Maintain route supply inventory to ensure prompt delivery to customers.
- Maintain an accurate variety of daily paperwork and turn in accordingly.
- Performing all customer tasks in a polite, resourceful, and professional manner with professionalism and overall excellent customer service throughout the process.
- Any other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- 2-3 years’ experience driving professionally preferred.
- Ability to multitask and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work.
- Reliable and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Must have good listening and verbal communication skills.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License (required)
- Class 3 considered an asset.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Courier Driver Middleton” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.