Cross Border Heavy Haul / Flat Bed Driver - TDR Transportation
TDR Transportation & Logistics, a subsidiary of The Municipal Group of Companies is a transportation company providing courier and transport services around Atlantic Canada. We are currently seeking a Cross Border Heavy Haul/Flat Bed Driver to join our team based out of our Bedford, NS office.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving long distances throughout Canada and the United States.
- Loading, transporting, and offloading of various commodities of freight.
- Report to a dispatcher any incidents encountered on the road.
- Follow all applicable traffic laws.
- Inspect trailer before and after the trip, and record any defects found.
- Keep a log of all activities.
- Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Keep their truck and associated equipment clean and in good working order.
- Load & unload deliveries through a variety of mechanisms & delivery assistance devices.
- Use technology to map routes, deliver/pickup/track shipments & communicate universally.
- Ensure documents are delivered, entered accurately and turned in accordingly.
- Performing all customer tasks in a polite, resourceful and professional manner with professionalism and overall excellent customer service throughout the process.
- Operate from standard double-drops to RGN double-drops to multi-axle flatbeds and step decks.
- Operate in a safe and timely manner under the rules of permit all applications of heavy haul and corresponding freight movements.
- Operate heavy and over dimensional loads moved on multi-axle trailers, which are available in combinations of decks, axles and spacing. Be proficient in the operation of trucking related requirements when under permit and procedures and expectations of both Canadian rules as well as the USA in regard to the following circumstances: Length, Width, Height/Weight, Special Care Instructions and Value of Goods.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Class 1 driver's license
- Computer Literate
- Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to perform routine vehicle maintenance
- Demonstrated organizational skills with strong oral and written communication abilities
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Travel required throughout Canada and the United States.
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- Manual dexterity required to computer equipment
- Ability to lift 50-75 pounds
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Cross Border Heavy Haul/Flat Bed Driver” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.