Crusher Assistant - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking the qualifications and expertise of a Crusher Assistant based out of Bedford, NS.
Quarry operations are seasonal in nature typically from April to December. Facility maintenance typically takes place from April to May/June and Quarry operations are typically from May/June to December. Shifts are 12 hours long and are on a week-by-week rotation (days and nights). Start times are 6 am and 6 pm. Crushing operation is typically 5 days per week however weekend work can be expected and varies annually.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Closely monitor all crushing and screening related equipment when in operation.
- Able to use hammer and heavy-duty wrenches.
- Ability to use a high-pressure water hose for clean-up purposes.
- Ability to shovel approximately 8” to dust sized rock when required.
- Some lifting may be required for maintenance or cleanup purposes (less than 50 kg)
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders up to heights of approximately 60 feet.
- Any other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Knowledge of crushing related equipment is not required however is an asset.
- Strong mechanical aptitude is beneficial.
- Ability to work shift work on a weekly rotation.
- Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Minimum Grade 12 education.
- Minimum of Class 5 driver’s license.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors
- Working safely is a condition of employment
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attn: Taylor Blake
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Crusher Assistant” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume, quoting the position title.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.