Demolition Labourer - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction Company is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently looking for Demolition Labourers to join our operations out of Bedford, NS. These positions will be based out of HRM but may involve travel to other parts of the province as the need arises.
Under the direction of the Foreman, the Labourer is responsible for performing a variety of heavy manual labour duties to assist the construction team on the worksite.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load, unload and move construction materials around the worksite
- May be responsible for digging, spreading, and levelling of dirt and gravel
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites
- Clean tools, equipment, materials, and work areas
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labour
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Ensure safety of fellow employees
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Ability to follow a firm work schedule as directed by supervisor
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct
- Ability to perform a variety of manual tasks requiring the use of independent judgment and action
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
The Demolition Labourer has a physically strenuous and demanding job. The Demolition Labourer will be lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects, requiring the use of PPE, Hardhat, Steel Toe Boots, and reflective vest to minimize risk on the worksite. The worksite environment for this position is outside in varying weather conditions.
How to Apply:
Dexter Construction offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume to:
Attn: Chelsey Haley
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “Demolition Labourers” in the subject line.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.