Dispatcher - The Municipal Group of Companies
The Municipal Group of Companies, based in Bedford Nova Scotia, is a large diversified organization engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction, mining and environmental services within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently looking for an additional person to join our team in the Dispatch Department in Halifax.
The dispatcher is a critical member of the management staff helping to coordinate trucking operations across Atlantic Canada and beyond.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the supervision and management of a large staff of drivers; strong leadership skills are essential
- Must be able to work well in a fast paced, team environment
- Sales experience of trucking services and supporting our sales is a requirement for the position.
- Accept responsibility and make quick decisions as required
- Enforce and adhere to Company policy and procedures
- Any other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Experience in Heavy Haul, Deck Dispatch and Coordination.
- Experience dealing with Canada and US loads.
- Oversized Transport Experience
- Permitting/Routing oversized loads
- Familiar with Transport Industry Pricing
- Experience with Provincial and US regulations
- Solid background in the trucking industry is preferred but not essential
- Strong computer skills are considered an asset
- Post-Secondary education
- Previous supervisory experience in a transportation environment would be considered an asset
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Ryan Kidney
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “Dispatcher” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume, quoting the position title.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.