Dozer Operator - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking Dozer Operators for our 104 Highway Twinning project between Sutherlands River and Antigonish, Nova Scotia.
Under the direction of the Foreman, the Dozer Operator is responsible to excavate, move, load, and grade materials such as earth, rock, and gravel on the worksite. The Dozer Operator is also responsible for inspecting, cleaning, and maintaining the equipment and performing the repairs as required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for safe and efficient operation of equipment to move, load, and grade materials on the worksite
- Grade various parts of the worksite to the designed elevation in a timely manner
- Operate the equipment smoothly and safely
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks
- Repair and maintain vehicle in good condition
- Advise the Foreman of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities
- Ensure safety of fellow employees
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- 2 years’ experience in a construction environment
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules, and code of conduct
- Ability to operate equipment using advanced grading techniques (i.e., GPS)
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume to:
Attn: Chelsey Haley
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “104 Dozer Operator” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.