Drill Operator - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking the qualifications and expertise of a Drill Operator based out of Nova Scotia or New Brunswick. This position may involve travel to other parts of the Atlantic provinces as the need arises.
The Drill Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of mobile drilling machines to bore blast holes in quarries, and foundations at construction sites.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate drilling machines in a safe and efficient manner to drill blast holes in rock at road or other construction sites
- Operate tracked or truck-mounted drill equipped with auger or other attachment to drill blast holes
- Measure location and stake out pattern of holes to be drilled
- Regulate air pressure and rotary speed according to specifications of the type of rock or concrete being drilled
- Assist the Blaster loading blast holes with explosives
- Perform routine maintenance and upgrade work on machines and equipment as required
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities
- Ensure safety of fellow employees
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- 2-3 years’ experience as a blast hole driller, or equivalent experience
- Extensive knowledge of current blasting regulations
- Mechanical and hydraulic aptitude to make minor repairs and assist technicians
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and engineering specifications
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attn: Ryan Kidney
Please reference “Drill Operator” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.