Equipment Operator/Labourer - Halifax C&D Recycling
Halifax C & D Recycling part of The Municipal Group of Companies is currently seeking a bright, individual for the permanent, full-time position as a skilled Equipment Operator/Labourer to join our operations based out of Milford, NS.
The Equipment Operator/Labourer is responsible for sorting construction and demolition debris, operation of small equipment such as a skid steer and mini excavator. The hours of operation for this position are Monday-Friday 6:30-5pm.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean up and maintenance of yard
- Remove and sort rubble and other debris from yard
- Operate small equipment such mini excavator, forklift, skid steer, and small loaders
- Clean tools, equipment, materials and work areas
- Operate shingle processing facility
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labour
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience:
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Minimum 1-year experience with operation of small equipment such as excavator and loader
- Mechanical aptitude is considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform a variety of manual tasks requiring the use of independent judgement and action
- Ability to operate equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
How to Apply:
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attn: Chelsey Haley
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Halifax C&D Equipment Operator/Labourer - Milford” in the subject line
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.