Facilities Foreman - DNA Operations
Dexter Nova Alliance (DNA) has been awarded the contract for the Design Build (DB) and Operations, Maintenance & Rehabilitation (OMR) associated with the twinning of Highway 104 across Eastern Nova Scotia from New Glasgow to Antigonish. DNA Operations will be responsible for the OMR of approximately 64 kms of Highway 104 from New Glasgow to Antigonish over a 22-year period, effective June 1st, 2021.
DNA is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Project team in the role of Facilities Foreman. Reporting to the Depot Manager, the Facilities Foreman will be responsible for the following:
- Ability to perform daily road patrolling along the highway observing, documenting, and reporting the condition of assets and road conditions.
- Perform condition assessments and routine inspections in accordance with established schedules.
- Maintain a detailed daily patrol diary of observations, deficiencies, observations, road conditions, etc.
- Operate various equipment (light & heavy-duty trucks, mobile equipment, tractors, haul trailers, etc.)
- Perform and oversee routine maintenance activities (i.e. patching, washout repairs, litter control, etc.).
- Perform routine maintenance, cleaning and upkeep of Main and Satellite Depot brine mixing/storage stations.
- Maintain sufficient brine quantities at each depot location for a snow and ice weather event.
- Basic housekeeping and cleaning of shop and maintenance facilities.
- Perform minor maintenance on equipment (i.e. changing cutting edges, cleaning equipment, etc.)
- Be an active contributor to a positive safety culture committed to training and best work practices.
- Participate in training for maintenance equipment, as required.
- Follow Quality, Safety and Environment policies, procedures and best practices.
- Perform administration duties such as reporting and recording hours of work, equipment pre/post trip inspections.
- Available to respond to emergency situations within 1 hour.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior experience in highway maintenance considered an asset.
- Experience in Snow and Ice control for Public road networks considered an asset.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable drivers abstract.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to work in a team environment.
- Awareness of Quality, Safety and Environmental processes.
The position may require extended periods of sitting, standing, driving and/or walking. From time to time, the employee may be required to lift heavy objects (50-75 lbs.) for short periods as well as be exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme heat and cold. The employee may be working in highway and road work zones, exposed to nearby high-volume traffic movement.
How to Apply:
A competitive wage and benefits package is available to the successful candidate. We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume. Applicant review will begin immediately.
Qualified individuals for this position should forward a resume, quoting, “Facilities Foreman” to:
Attn: Chelsey Haley
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.