Finance Clerk - Sure Courier
Sure Courier Services Inc. (“Sure Courier”), is a Nova Scotia-based company, servicing businesses across the South Shore, Southwest Nova, and HRM, offering same day delivery service, direct to consumer delivery, next day delivery service, and dedicated service on demand. Sure Courier is part of the Municipal Group of Companies, which is a diversified organization engaged in all major aspects of heavy civil construction, mining, environmental and transportation services within the Atlantic Provinces.. We are currently looking for a Finance Clerk based out of Martin’s Point, NS. The position is a permanent role based on a 40-hour work week, Monday through Friday.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer questions from customers and handle complaints regarding billing
- Update accounting records with new payments, balances, and customer information
- Prepare, print and/or email invoices to customers
- Receipting of payments through various methods (cheques, credit cards, EFT’s)
- Collection of aged customer accounts
- Recording vendor invoices and controlling accounts payable process
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent of work experience
- Bookkeeping & administrative experience in an office setting and/or relevant certification
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and follow up skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently as required
- Excellent client service orientation
- Strong work ethic, and positive attitude
- Excellent MS Office skills, with a strong working knowledge of Excel
- Experience working with Sage 50 or Sage 300 is considered an asset
- Experience in transportation/courier industry considered an asset
A benefits package is offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Jessica Wilson
Please reference “Finance Clerk” in the subject line along.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified