Financial Analyst - MBW Courier
MBW Courier Inc. (“MBW”), is a Nova Scotia-based company, servicing businesses across Atlantic Canada, offering same day delivery service, direct to consumer delivery, next day delivery service, dedicated service on demand and logistics through its eight strategically located terminals. MBW is part of the Municipal Group of Companies, which is a diversified organization engaged in all major aspects of heavy civil construction, mining, environmental and transportation services within the Atlantic Provinces. We are widely recognized for being friendly, efficient, reliable, and on-time, and are proud to offer a full range of equipment to service the needs of our clients. We are currently looking for a Financial Analyst based out of Dartmouth, NS.
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of full-cycle accounting and financial reporting, including developing and reporting on key performance indicators. You will work closely with the Controller, Terminal Managers, and other accounting team staff. You must be able to prioritize, coordinate, and organize business tasks. You will have a positive, professional approach in planning, scheduling, communicating, and organizing the activities of your position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide analytical, forecasting, reporting and project support to senior management
- Produce weekly and monthly reports, which include key metrics, financial results, and variance analysis
- Prepare month end reconciliation working papers
- Support the annual budgeting and forecasting process
- Assist in the preparation of the year end audit file and communicate with external auditors
- Develop models that help with strategic decision making
- Any other duties as required
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Post-secondary certificate/degree in a business or management field
- 1-3 years relevant experience in corporate finance, financial planning & analysis, or other related fields
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently as required
- Strong work ethic, and positive attitude
- Excellent MS Office skills, with strong working knowledge of Excel
- Experience working with ERP Software an asset
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Experience developing and implementing financial and data models considered an asset
- Experience in transportation/courier industry considered an asset
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Jessica Wilson
Via Email: Jessica.email@example.com
Please reference “Financial Analyst” in the subject line along.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.