Foreman - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction Company is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently looking for Construction Foreman to join our operations out of Bedford, NS for the 2021 season. These positions will be based out of Bedford, but may involve travel to other parts of the province as the need arises
The Foreman is responsible for the supervision of all activities that take place on the work site, ensuring efficient use of labour, machines, and materials by their crews, and will report on such things as personnel, costs and safety. This position will be responsible for the management of all on-site workers and enforcement of all required safety and work regulation policies.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the effective and efficient use of personnel, materials, equipment, facilities, and time.
- Managing all project labour administration activities including; payroll, timekeeping, labour coding, equipment coding, and safety reporting.
- Assisting in the resolution of change requests, material defects and equipment problems.
- Ensuring a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Protecting and promoting the interest of the company in all matters.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience in civil construction preferred
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Surveying background and grading experience would be considered an asset
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct.
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
- Able to deal with people tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Ryan Kidney
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Foreman - Bedford” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.