Front Load Operator - REgroup
REgroup, a division of The Municipal Group of Companies, is one of the area’s largest Environmental Services providers. For over 20 years, REgroup has been serving HRM and surrounding areas with integrated waste collection, management, and recycling services. We are currently seeking Front Load Operators to be a part of our team, based out of Lower Sackville, NS.
- Day shifts, Monday to Friday (with early morning start time)
- Occasional variation from schedule may be required to meet contractual obligation and holiday schedules
- Competitive compensation, benefits package available after three months continuous employment
- The chance to work with a stable, and growing company with numerous divisions across Eastern Canada.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive Front Load truck in a safe and efficient manner on assigned routes to fill contractual requirements
- Ensure assigned routes are completed in a timely and safe manner
- Responsible for daily pre and post trip inspections of trucks assigned
- Check in with Dispatcher to determine what time to leave and return
- Load and unload materials under varying traffic and road conditions
- Advise Supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Report any driving infractions and/or suspensions
- Perform end of day driver check-ins to ensure complete and accurate paperwork completion
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities
- Ensure safety of fellow employees
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Valid commercial driver’s license with clear driver abstract
- Class 3 driver’s license in good standing
- Must have experience operating a front load waste truck
- Ability to follow a firm work schedule as directed by supervisor
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer focus
- Proven ability to multi-task & ability to prioritize tasks
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
What We Offer:
- Above average competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefits and pension plan
- Employee Referral Program
- PPE provided and Safety Incentives
- Company provided training and development
- Opportunities for growth in other areas of the company
- Corporate discounts
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Plus many other incentives
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Chelsey Haley
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “REgroup Front Load” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.