Grade Foreman - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction Company is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently looking for Grade Foreman to join our operations out of Bedford, NS. This position will be based out of Bedford but may involve travel throughout Atlantic Canada as the need arises.
The Grade Foremen is responsible for the supervision of all activities that take place on the work site, ensuring efficient use of labour, machines, and materials by their crews, and will report on such things as personnel, costs, and safety. This position will be responsible for the management of all on-site workers and enforcement of all required safety and work regulation policies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the effective and efficient use of personnel, materials, equipment, facilities, and time
- Managing all project labour administration activities including payroll, timekeeping, labour coding, equipment coding, and safety reporting
- Assisting in the resolution of change requests, material defects and equipment problems
- Ensuring a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Protecting and promoting the interest of the company in all matters
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- 5 years’ experience working in a construction environment
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules, and code of conduct
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safely and responsibly
- Able to deal with people tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package is offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attn: Ryan Kidney
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “Bedford Grade Foreman” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.