Grader Operator - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking Grader Operators for our 104 Highway Twinning project between Sutherlands River and Antigonish, Nova Scotia.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of equipment
- Ability to understand rough or fine grade finishing along with road construction plans
- Responsible for understanding issues involving ground disturbance
- Ensure that quality of work meets OH&S requirements
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- 2 + years’ experience in a construction environment; experience on operation of a Grader preferred but will train
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules, and code of conduct
- Ability to operate equipment using advanced grading techniques (i.e., GPS)
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume to:
Attn: Chelsey Haley
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “104 Grader Operator” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.