Heavy Civil Construction Project Manager - Dexter Construction
The Municipal Group of Companies is comprised of numerous complementary business units within the heavy civil construction and mining industries. Complementing our work in these industries, the Municipal Group provides extensive waste management and environmental services across Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. Close to a dozen integrated companies have enable us to serve virtually the entire region in this capacity. We are currently seeking a Heavy Civil Construction Project Manager to join our expanding team based out of our main office in Bedford, Nova Scotia.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends and participates in Job Handover Meeting, including Critical Path scheduling, Document organization and control, equipment and manpower requirements, and review of the estimate for completeness of take-off, scope and pricing.
- Oversee Control of Project cost by development of project budget with the estimator
- Attend all job progress meetings
- Develop, maintain and regularly review up-to-date project progress information, including Critical Path scheduling, Work in Progress Reports, and analysis of all job costs
- Work with the General Superintendent and on-site superintendent to coordinate the activities of the Foremen and subcontractor work crews as required
- Provides necessary documents to field superintendents, foremen and Project Coordinators in a timely manner and follow up on all open action items.
- Provide on-going support to field personnel to help identify and remove obstacles that impact construction progress, resolve challenges with respective owners and to identify and implement profit improvement strategies to the job, as needed
- Provide assistance to owners in modifications resulting in Change orders
- Coordinate, price, and process change orders or technical problems with owner requirements, suppliers, superintendents, and subcontractors and utilizes estimating when required. Resolve change orders with owners timely.
- Review project job cost reports regularly, and ensure project profitability.
- Review time sheets, all purchase orders, delivery tickets, subcontractor requisitions, and invoices to ensure that they are coded correctly for project costing.
- Visit project sites daily for troubleshooting and for the purposes of ensuring project quality.
- Initiate and review regular project billings
- Is responsible for the overall safety of all manpower working on the contract, proactively supports the corporate safety program and sets a positive example
- Develops, chairs and initiate all job closeout activities, including preparation of as-built drawings, retaining release from subcontractors, ensuring warranty information provided to owner, final payment quantities and payment and recovery of holdback
- Acts in a leadership position including, challenging others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor, Inspire coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence, identify opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change, remain on the forefront of emerging industry practices
- Any other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- 5-10 years’ experience managing construction projects. Civil Construction experience is a must
- High attention to detail
- Utilizes strong organizational and planning skills;
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point,Outlook)
- Display strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills;
- Tactful and mature demeanour with well developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities;
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Ryan Kidney
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference "Heavy Civil Construction Project Manager" in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.