Heavy Equipment Mechanic - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking the qualifications and expertise of a Heavy Equipment Mechanic based out of Saint John, NB.
The Heavy Equipment Mechanic is responsible for regular maintenance and repair for various pieces of heavy equipment, including but not limited to backhoes, bulldozers, excavators, graders, loaders, rollers, and off-road trucks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check bulldozers, cranes, graders and other heavy construction equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components, or systems
- Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer's specifications
- Help prevent breakdowns by checking, cleaning, and oiling machine parts regularly
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities
- Ensure safety of fellow employees
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Candidates who have completed Interprovincial Red Seal Mechanic Certificate or in the process of completing the blocks are required
- Basic hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical skills
- Previous experience in the trucking industry on a variety of models
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and engineering specifications
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attn: Emily Turnbull
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “Heavy Equipment Mechanic Saint John” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.